Sticking a Symbol to a Wall?

I was wondering if there is a way to stick a 2d symbol, or any symbol, to the inside face of a wall.

My situation is that the wall construction has been altered halfway through a project. The electrical plans have all been drawn, but with the wall type changing, all the symbols for switches and sockets now sit 50mm out in space. It would be great if these could be stuck to the wall so that they move with the wall. Of course the best thing would be not to change the wall but such is life.

Thanks

Thanks, I will try it. Can you do this for multiple sockets on multiple walls? Or just all the sockets on one wall?

One thing i've noticed so far is the socket inserts facing into the wall, meaning one needs to flip it via the OIP. Is this because the symbol is set up incorrectly or something? Attached screenshot is what happens when I first insert the symbol into the wall.

335872470_Screenshot2020-08-06at12_41_24.thumb.png.6ab154e83cdcf07c846a2bbeb7bb602f.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

If you edit the symbol again, this time choosing to edit the 2D graphics, I think the geometry should be pointing above the X axis. But yes, you may need to flip individual instance of the symbol in the same way that you would a door.

I think you'll only be able to do multiple sockets into one wall at a time.