Door Hardware list missing

domer1322

Question

I have an old file (a 3D model of my own house) that I've been updating or changing for years. I notice that my door plug-in objects do not allow me to assign door hardware to them.  That is, I click "settings" on the OIP then in the door dialog box I pick 'hardware' and the area where there is normally a list of all the available hardware sets shows an empty box.  When I click on the box "include hardware" it makes no difference.  I have some hardware sets already in the resource browser of this file.  I tried to "update plug-ins" as well as "reset plug-ins" but it made no difference.    I do not have this issue with other files.  

It seems to me I have to tell VW that there is a hardware file in the 'libraries' folder, but I can't figure out how do that.  

Help ....  please ....      (I'm using VW 2015 but I hope you'll consider replying even if I'm using old software).

1 answer to this question

@domer1322 - Years ago, I had a similar problem where I would lose the ability to insert door / cabinet hardware — all I would see was an empty box in the hardware sets pull-down. I believe the way I was able to resolve it was to delete my Vw User folder and preferences (linked thread below).

If you already have a second User account on your Mac, as a test you can also try logging into that second User account, starting Vw, and opening your file to see if the door hardware sets functions as they should. If so, that means your first Vw User folder was corrupted and needs to be deleted.

Vw KB Article — Resetting Vectorworks Preferences

Good luck.

Edited by rDesign