Miss

Laura Ball

Question

Hi. I am new to Vectorworks and am having a nightmare trying to set-up a title block. I'm studying Interior Design and need to do this in order to submit my current project and move on. I've tried making one as a symbol and also a plug-in following videos ive found online and neither were successful. I just want to have a template which I can re-use from project to project and I'm happy to over-type the data each time, it doesnt need to be linked. What's the best way to do this? Should I save as a template of some sort? Perhaps that way I could save my page preferences and open up a sheet with the title block already saved to the bottom right? I've created the title block design I like... I just don't know how best to add it to my documents each time and the Vectorworks title block border tool is over-complicated and not working out for me sadly! On a final note... how do you delete a Vectorworks title block border? I've got one on my page and its not right and much to my frustration I cant find a way of deleting it! :(

I would be so grateful for  any advice on this! 

2 answers to this question

The easiest way to make a new titleblock is to duplicate an extg one that has all the bits you need and then just Edit it to how you want.

It sounds like it would be worthwhile for you to use title block styles too. So find a title block you like. If it’s a styled title block then right click on it and go to “ locate tbb style in resource manager, then duplicate that and edit to suit. If it’s an unstyled tbb then make it into a tbb style and edit that to suit.

Styles will give you more control across a file and between files.

cheers