Curtain Tool, how to create an sloped bottom trim? Work arounds welcome.

bfoster@mainstage

Question

Hi all, 

I'm building a rendering of a church that wants curtains in the house, but they want the curtains to follow to slop of the wainscotting on the wall. From what i can see, the curtain tool does not have any setting or custom option to let me do this. Does someone else know of one? 

I have also tried converting the curtain into, 3D mesh, polygons, and other symbols. In the picture you can see the mesh on the right and the curtain tool on the left. Does anyone know a way i can adapt or create the curtain, but make the fabric look just as good as the curtain tool. 

Thanks for the help in advance!

Curtain conflict.jpg

3 answers to this question

With the Soft Goods object selected, do Modify > Convert > Convert to Group. It'll result in a NURBS surface. Go to an orthographic view so you can see the entire curtain, then use the Split tool (exacto knife icon) to slice the curtain at an angle (use the third mode). That'll leave you with the angled 3D curtain, though the 2D representation will have to also be recreated if desired.

1841213843_ScreenShot2020-07-31at12_49_54PM.thumb.png.a9c0e80498e70fbde17fdc9cc1253067.png

• Like 1