Can't select anything on layer

richard2020

Question

Hi,

I find that I now can't select anything on my selected layer. In the attached drawing the light blue dark blue are specific to this layer, and until 30 minutes ago I was making, selecting and tweaking them. Now I can't select them at all. Clearly it is something I have done wrong, but for the life of me I can't see what. Does anyone have any suggestions?

The layer options are set to Show / snap others. Class options are set to show / snap others. Any ideas gratefully received. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-31 at 15.23.19.png

6 answers to this question

The solution I found to this after reading through all the forums on this issue is  --  You have to right click in the viewport on the objects that you can't select.  In the right click menu click Activate Class & Activate Layer.  Even though my layers and classes were set correct I was still unable to select all the objects in the design layer.. Randomly only a few in the layer were selectable..  Nothing else worked until I did that right click and Activate Class + Layer.  After that I switched the class & layer options back to S/S/M+O ( Show/Snap/Modify Others).  Strange but it worked. 

This somehow got my file workable again.. Hope this helps.