Polygons convert themselves to Polylines

I often have a connected series of polygons, which are combined using the Add Surface command. The result is paving - roadways and parking lots. Then, the poly corners need radiuses, and for these the fillet tool sometimes works. Of course, a lot of cleaning up has to be done, removing redundant verticies, etc.

When applying the fillet tool, it fails at least 50% of the time. And, unexpectedly, the polygon is converted to a polyline! Why is the fillet tool converting a polyline into a polygon? Or, why is the fillet tool inconsistent?

V12/WXP.

P.S. In my next life, I hope these paved surfaces can easily made to follow site contours. I say, my next life, because I don't think VW developers are going to make this possible any time soon, or within the next life of VW.

[ 02-07-2006, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: ErichR ]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by ErichR:

When applying the fillet tool, it fails at least 50% of the time. And, unexpectedly, the polygon is converted to a polyline!

If a polygon gets filleted, it has a rounded corner, and thus by definition isn't a polygon. Or are you using the first mode of the fillet tool?

If it's failing where it clearly should work, submit the problem file with a description to bugsubmit@nemetschek.net or call tech support.

The reason for converting to a polygon is that the fillet tool (3rd one) seems to perform better.

This is not a new problem, and it has nothing to do with the radius setting.

I'll see if I can send the file to NNA.

I'm surprised that others haven't reported the same problem.