Architect

Hello all,

We do single family residential work (stick framed mostly) in California, much of it renovations, and are thinking of switching from autocad to vectorworks. Our office used to be on VW but we switched to ACAD because it was too difficult to find draftspeople and other architects to help out. We use consultants rather than employees so it's not been practical to expect them to simply learn a new program. But we do work with some remote consultants. I'm wondering what your experience has been in this area, and if you have any suggestions for finding qualified staff. Thank you in advance!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Mercedes said:

Hello all,

We do single family residential work (stick framed mostly) in California, much of it renovations, and are thinking of switching from autocad to vectorworks. Our office used to be on VW but we switched to ACAD because it was too difficult to find draftspeople and other architects to help out. We use consultants rather than employees so it's not been practical to expect them to simply learn a new program. But we do work with some remote consultants. I'm wondering what your experience has been in this area, and if you have any suggestions for finding qualified staff. Thank you in advance!

Greetings I've working remotely as a consultant for several years now, with members of the forum too, if you need some help, I can provide you with my portfolio,
You can contact me at any moment too!

Kind regards

Diego

2 hours ago, CipesDesign said:

I have done a lot of remote drafting and design and drafting in VW's. My practice is custom residential, mostly traditional stick-framed. Feel free to PM me to continue this conversation.

Peter

1 hour ago, Diego-Resuelvectorworks said:

Greetings I've working remotely as a consultant for several years now, with members of the forum too, if you need some help, I can provide you with my portfolio,
You can contact me at any moment too!

Kind regards

Diego