Open GL in viewports

nwfonseca

Question

Hey all, I have an issue relating to the appearance of OpenGL appearing different in viewport vs appearance on design layer. While on the design layer the colors, textures, and images look great. In the viewport the the colors and textures don't align with shapes and the line-work looks very bad even with anti aliasing turned on. For our projects we will do elevations of our upcoming shows with the artwork hung. We have one appearance, full texture, lighting etc. for 3D renderings, For our 2D elevations we will do almost hidden line drawings with some flat colors and the artwork displayed. If we draw the elevations flat on a page with the artwork, everything looks great. However, when we create the elevations from the 3D model everything looks bad. This results in having to have a full 2D set and 3D set. Sometimes colors appear in section viewports while rendering in hidden line but it isn't consistent from viewport to viewport.

10 answers to this question

Here are 4 screen shots taken from my file: The first one "OpenGL Design Layer" is default OpenGL settings in the design layer. Colors, textures, and lines render beautifully. The second is a viewport on a sheet layer. All settings are set to high and sht layer dpi is 300. the colors look terrible. line-work is turned off and hidden line foreground is on. Lines look fine. The third is the same settings as the second but with textures turned on. Everything looks bad. The fourth is the same as third but this time foreground render is off and generate lines in OpenGL is on. Everything looks terrible. What I want is to have the sheet layer to match the quality of the design layer. Is that possible?

Open GL Design Layer.JPG

300DPISheet Layer.JPG

300DPISheet Layer W-Textures.JPG

300DPI-Sheet Layer-W-Textures-Lines.JPG

6 hours ago, grant_PD said:

Just a guess but I would wonder what the scale of your design layer is vs the scale of your sheet layer.  If there is a big discrepancy that might be the problem.  Hard to say without looking at the file.

the scale is the same btwn sheet and design layer 1:50