Polylines corrupted in the exported DWG file

Kea

VW 12.0 / Mac OS X 10.3.9

The curvy polylines were distorted in the DWG file I had exported? I had to convert them into polygons in order to have them exactly right. Now the curves consist of many points instead of few stategic ones?

Is it a bug or is there something wrong in the preferences? I also tried to export the 36 polylines in question alone (60 Kt), but the result was the very same ? so it doesn't seem to be a memory related problem? although I have very little free hard disk space at the moment.

(Some settings in the prefs: 2D conversion res.: High

Pict/ PDF export & printing: 600 dpi)

If you're trying to export a polyline that has both straight segments and bezier curve segments, the problem is that Autocad doesn't support that.

Autocad polylines can only have straight segments and arcs, and their Splines can have only bezier curves, no straight segments.

Thanks for your messages! it's very important to know that the acad doesn' support the bezier polylines.

I only wish I had known it earlier ? now iI think that some important files might also be "corrupted" (sent to engineers already last year?) If there're a lot of contours, old and new ones on top of each others, one can't notice with one look if there's something wrong. This time I noticed the problem only because the old contours were hidden.

Using the arc smoothing command seems to twist the curves, too, but after that they convert into dwg alright.

(propstuff: I don't have acad myself, I just imported the dwg file back to VW. Of course the dwg could be ok and the problem arrives when importing the file to VW? but I doubt it, especially after the other information you gave me.)