Renderings with markers and dimensions

I am unable to find out how to my show markers with the dimensions in my Sheet Layer renderings. I can only get them to show in wireframe mode. This is driving me crazy. If I create a Final Shades Polygon rendering I lose the marker arrows. PLEASE HELP!

Edited by jkibbe

I was able to figure it out although there is not a lot to find on this subject. What I found is that I have to put all dimensions and markers on the sheet layers and not on a separate layer for them to render properly. Is there another way to do this?

It’s difficult to understand what is happening without seeing the missing screenshots: Are you trying to show a 3D view?

One possibility is that you have Planar Objects turned off for that Sheet Layer Viewport (SLVP). Select the SLVP, and look at the Object Info Palette (OIP) to see if ‘Display Planar Objects’ is checked. If not, check it.

Another possibility is that your 2D graphics (notes, dimensions, etc.) are drawn on Screen plane instead of Layer plane. If so, check ‘Project Screen Objects’ on the OIP for that SLVP.

Vw2020 Help : Creating Sheet Layer Viewports

When I want to show a 3D view in a Sheet Layer Viewport (SLVP) - which is what it sounds like you’re trying to do - I usually just add notes as Annotations inside that SLVP

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1