entering stake object points

I'm new (1 week (ok nights only)...and maybe a bit slow...but what am I missing here? I've imported my autocad survey file, and while I couldn't get it to recognize the points to create the DTM, my lot is small enough that I thought I would just use the stake object to create the existing condition. I planned to simply snap to the loci in the survey...

wow...I think I solved it! I used workgroup reference and selected 'show/snap others' voila...one problem solved...I think.

BTW, can you rotate the referenced workgroup file? Or should I go back in and rotate the original file and then open up the file w/ that uses it?

thanks...this is tough when you can only devote a few hours at a time

john

Thanks. I'm basically experimenting right now before I get too far into the actual drawing work.

I rotated the survey work, the workgroup reference then looked good, so I entered the stake points and created the DTM...that part worked well.

In autocad there is a way to rotate the view and not the drawing, thus maintaining all relationships to the coordinate system. I'm sure you can do that here to, I just went the 'easy' way and rotated everything...so the drawing looks good, but you can't, for example, enter the property lines w/ bearings and distances and have them line up properly.

back to the manual [Frown]

thanks Islandmon...

[ 02-06-2006, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: John Thomas ]