Shortcut for "Connect next"

CHA

In the (old) stand alone version of ConnectCAD it was possible to create a key command for the "connect next" function. Now it seems that the only way to "connect next" is a doubly click on the next output. That really slows my workflow down. Especially when you have a router with 1024 I/Os and e.g. vision desks with 100+ inputs.

Was the key command option just forgotten while implementing ConnectCAD into VW and will it be available again soon?

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for reply.

After finishing a connection VW needs a while until it is able to accept a new click (according to drawing size).

A key command can be hit in that period as many times as needed and the "connect next" function is executed after. 

Maybe my computer is too slow for bigger drawings...

BR,

Chris

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Chris,

There isn't really a way to assign a keystroke to the double-click action of a tool. However, what I can suggest is that you check out the "multi' mode of the Connect Tool. It let's you connect bunches of sockets at once, and it is quite smart about signal types. Try it out going from device label to device label, the try what happens if go from socket to socket. It filters the available signal types accordingly and makes some fairly sensible choices :-). Experiment a little and you'll see what I mean.

I have the feeling that the tools are there already, you just need to tweak the way you use them.

Best

Conrad