Text Scale Not Right

I set my text height, make a new style, and it is scaled to 1/4"  but it is not when I measure it.

ie:   set text to 9 points, should be 1/8" text, at 48 scale should be 6" but it is more like 4.25"

Also, edited and saved unstyled text came out black, created text from resources is hollow empty fill; but I do not see any difference in the text format so not sure.  

I"m really anal about consistency in text sizes so this is driving me bonkers.

Attaching file. 

Woodman1.vwx

22 hours ago, LCarm said:

set text to 9 points, should be 1/8" text, at 48 scale should be 6" but it is more like 4.25"

Test size is page based so the viewport scale shouldn't effect the actual size of the text on the page. 

I had a quick look at your file and couldn't reproduce the empty fill issue. It does look like a bug. Are you still having probs with it?

No I didn't notice any issue with text size. If you can explain a bit more exactly what the prob is?

For the formatting, with nothing selected try setting the default text formatting. Hopefully that will sort the empty text fill issue.

image.thumb.png.8577bbc594a2d7c2fb71c4bdce4782a8.png

For me you ECO9_Notes text style is corrupted. I am getting doubled, overlapping, outline letters. If I recreate the test style it seems to work. Just editing was not enough. But I don't think I have the font actually called for by your style. It was substituted to Arial.

Fonts are a really hard thing. There are different fonts with the same name and that generate different sizes even when they are apparently the same size.

11Points on a Windows machine is different than 11Points on a Mac.

Font size is usually determined by the overall height from the highest ascender to the lowest descender.

If you sent a file to someone and they don't have the proper font, the system will substitute something else.

Good luck getting over your text size OCD.  ;-)

• Like 1