Speaker Object Dispersion Line Weight

Hello All, 

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the line weight of the dispersion of a speaker? When I export a large drawing as a PDF, it is very difficult to see the speakers dispersion because the line weight is so small. I have dug around a bit, but have not been able to figure out if it is possible to change this somewhere. I have attached a screenshot below so you can see the issue. 

Thanks in advance. 

Speaker Coverage.pdf

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The line weight for the dispersion field is class based,

If you are using the default classes it should be

ATS-Dispersion Area-1 (2 or 3 depending on which dispersion field you want to change)

The easiest way to edit class line weight is to use the Organization dialogue

Make sure you tick the check box in the 'Use' column of the Organization-Classes dialogue and the 'use at creation' check box in the edit classes graphic attributes dialogue when you change the line weight.

You will also need to update the speaker objects themselves to apply the new line weight to any existing speakers in your plan

Thank you for the reply, I have followed the instructions and I think this is a limitation of the 2d plan view. 

In the first screen shot you can see the line weight change to .5 and it get thicker as expected, but is not make up of a solid line it is a bunch of dots (not sure the technical term on this). In the second screen shot I change to an orthogonal view and it gives me the weight I am looking for, but it no longer representative of the conical speaker coverage pattern in the graphic. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 6.28.57 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 6.28.46 AM.png

11 minutes ago, sbarnesvta said:

In the first screen shot you can see the line weight change to .5 and it get thicker as expected, but is not make up of a solid line it is a bunch of dots (not sure the technical term on this). In the second screen shot I change to an orthogonal view and it gives me the weight I am looking for, but it no longer representative of the conical speaker coverage pattern in the graphic. 

From the GFX you posted I gather you're meaning the outline of the dispersion/coverage area, right?

If so...in 2D the weight of that line is controlled by the overall object line weight (set through the Attribute palette) -or- by Class Attributes if the object is set to use them or you are Classing parts and the Class for the given Dispersion Range is set to apply attributes By-Class.  The Line Type (what you perceive to be "dots") is hard-coded as "Pattern Type 3" (the 3rd Pattern Type in the Pattern Pop-Up).

So...yes, you can change the weight but the Pattern is fixed.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, C. Andrew Dunning said:

From the GFX you posted I gather you're meaning the outline of the dispersion/coverage area, right?

If so...in 2D the weight of that line is controlled by the overall object line weight (set through the Attribute palette) -or- by Class Attributes if the object is set to use them or you are Classing parts and the Class for the given Dispersion Range is set to apply attributes By-Class.  The Line Type (what you perceive to be "dots") is hard-coded as "Pattern Type 3" (the 3rd Pattern Type in the Pattern Pop-Up).

So...yes, you can change the weight but the Pattern is fixed.

Thank you for the reply, this is exactly what I am seeing. I have been able to change the line weight, but it is the pattern of the line that is the issue when exporting. If it is hardcoded it sounds like it is what it is.