Decal Help

nwfonseca

Question

Hey all,

EDIT: Looks like I was using the wrong render mode UGH... Open GL doesn't display decals and the tutorials don't mention this; only cartoon render modes. Open GL is a cartoon render mode? I work mostly in Open GL as it is the most versatile render mode. If you are using Open GL when you create a decal, it simply doesn't doesn't appear and there is no indication it even exists or it tiles across the surface and you think something is wrong. That is classic poor design, if there is no feedback when you engage in an action the end user has no idea if something worked or happened. This is why people use Sketchup for concepting. When you apply an image decal it appears in any render mode, and you can have line-work on whenever you want. It is hard to understand how a lame freeware can outperform a high end 3-4 thousand dollar software in some aspects but it does.

I am back to tap the collective minds again. This time I am having some difficulty creating a decal. The process seems to go smoothly but after I position the decal with the attribute mapping tool, the decal tiles across the surface rather than staying in place. This must be a setting that I have inadvertently turned on. I can share a file if it helps.

Thanks!

Edited by nwfonseca
Figured out the problem

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet