Converting worksheets to groups

nmar

I get a lot of requests for autocad drawings from clients so I need to export all the time. For the most part this works well, except for worksheets. I've always copied the worksheet into excel and then copy and paste back into vectorworks. This used to create a group with lines and text, which was easily exported to autocad. It looked exactly like the original. If I go into the worksheet and copy everything I don't get the correct layout... only the text copies to excel and the placement is all wrong. Therefore I select the entire worksheet (not from within). I tried in vectorworks 12 for the first time today and it generates a bitmap instead of lines and text. Am I doing something wrong or is this no longer an option? I'm using Mac OSX version 10.4.4. I need to get these drawings out today and the worksheets need to be included. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I cannot help you nmar - because I have the same need to export to ACAD and still retain the Worksheets as "Schedules" in the file and have not found a satisfactory solution.

Away back in yondeer times, you could select a worksheet, and select the Ungroup function and lo! a text and lines group appeared which would export. Of course one would save a copy for th file before one did so else the spreadheet was no longer an updating spreadsheet!

Somehow Nemetschek regarding this former feature as a "bug" to eradicate and now I have to resort to gerrymandering out to Excel and back into ACAD using the ODBC complexity ACAD requires for getting the schedule in it.

Else I just send the schedules separately as PDFs. Which not all clients are willing to accept!

So - Nemetschek are you listening? This is a real need for us who have clients, usually major repeat clients, who have "standardized" on ACAD for deliverables to their facilities department and archives. And they want the schedules where the printed sheets (which went for building department and out to bid) showed them!