DWF files

The Drawing Web Format is just that, a format primarily for web viewing. Even with some 3rd party apps that run inside AutoCAD that will import DWF, you do not get an "intelegent" dwg. That is, for example, Text is not text, but is a collection of line/arcs that "look Like" text ('till you try to edit with text editor).

Possible work around, at least on Windows platform (unless you can find a Mac DWF viewer) is:

Download/install Autodesk free DWF viewer.

Install/Configure an Encapsulated Postscript capable print/Adobe Distiller and print to file, creating an ".eps" file.

I do believe VW will import an eps file, but have no idea as to quality of the import

quote:

Originally posted by oldguy:

Possible work around, at least on Windows platform (unless you can find a Mac DWF viewer) is:

Download/install Autodesk free DWF viewer.

Install/Configure an Encapsulated Postscript capable print/Adobe Distiller and print to file, creating an ".eps" file.

I do believe VW will import an eps file, but have no idea as to quality of the import

Thanks old guy.

As mentioned I tried the shareware AnyDWFtoDWG but seems to freeze VirtualPC, as it reboots Windows before completing the translation of the DWF file.

Anyone can you suggest me a windows freeware/shareware untility to print to PDF/PS/EPS?

Thanks again!

P Bartoli,

Have you tried the Adobe site to look for a utility which acts as a "printer" to create PDF files under PC Windows?

I assume you are a Mac user (Virtual PC you mention). I assume that the mac printing choices for PDF do not show up under V-PC?

On the Mac - there is the utility (Panther and Tiger) called Grab. It captures contents of Windows, screen areas, etc. The file it produces is .Tif which VW reads.

• 2 weeks later...