Need help with Georef imports, please

I'm new to the georef features of VW, so excuse the level (and confusion) of my questions. And, I have reviewed many tutorials and YouTube videos, but could not find any that state, very clearly, in a step-by-step fashion, how I can achieve my goals.

I have georef'd my document (drawing file) to a location in Baja, Mexico (see Image 1 - Doc Georef window & site Prop attempt) :
Lat: 26.85345237  Lon:-113.14065865      using current EPSG: 4485        CRS: Mexico ITRF 92 / UTM Zone 12N       Units: Meters

I am trying to:
1) Draw accurate site property line, using coords from "Image 2 - source corner point loctions" (I did convert coords from deg/min/sec shown

in the photo to decimal degrees of my drawing).

Question: I have used the GIS Stake Tool and moved the stake manually to nearly the exact location, then drew connecting property lines (not with Propoerty Line Tool) 

(see Image 1 - Doc Georef window & site Prop attempt). 

Is there is a way to just type in the coords and have them move the stake to the exact location?  If so, step-by-step how?-)

2) I would like to drop several 3D Loci to several specific coordinates on the same georef'd drawing as above, using coords from a csv table that I have created.

The coords in the csv are in decimal degree format, from drone image metadata that I have converted from Deg/Min/sec using ExifTool.

My attempt at doing this just clusters them in one location (see Image 3 - Import Coords Cluster and Image 4 - Closeup of Image Coords Cluster)

Questions: 
   a) How can I import these coords so they are dropped as 3D Loci at the respective, correct x,y,z coord locations? 
   b) Is the problem somehow with the scale of the imported coords?
   c) Is the problem that the coords somehow need to be georef'd to match the document georef system that I have set up and am working with?
   d) I also want to import the actual .jpg images to their respective coord positions on this drawing. When I do a tet of this, for just one image, it comes in very large
       and not centered in the correct location.

How would I import the images 'en masse' and have them land in their correct, respective positions, at the correcct size?

Would I need to define the scale, somehow?
      Would I need to somehow set or adjust the coord system in the metadata so they come in at the correct location?

Apologies for the tome;-(

Many, many thanks for thoughts/suggestions!

Image 1 - Doc Georef window & site prop attempt.JPG

Image 2 - source corner point locations.JPG

Image 3 - Import Coords Cluster.jpg

Image 4- Closeup of Import Coords Cluster.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @Ned Daugherty,

Looking good!

On 7/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, Ned Daugherty said:

Is there is a way to just type in the coords and have them move the stake to the exact location?  If so, step-by-step how?-)

I recommend using the GIS Stake tool if that's not what you were using. At the very bottom of the Object Info Palette, there is a button for Set Geolocation.Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 9.37.03 AM.png Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 9.42.06 AM.png

On 7/16/2020 at 7:09 PM, Ned Daugherty said:

2) I would like to drop several 3D Loci to several specific coordinates on the same georef'd drawing as above, using coords from a csv table that I have created.

The coords in the csv are in decimal degree format, from drone image metadata that I have converted from Deg/Min/sec using ExifTool.

My attempt at doing this just clusters them in one location (see Image 3 - Import Coords Cluster and Image 4 - Closeup of Image Coords Cluster)

Questions: 
   a) How can I import these coords so they are dropped as 3D Loci at the respective, correct x,y,z coord locations? 
   b) Is the problem somehow with the scale of the imported coords?
   c) Is the problem that the coords somehow need to be georef'd to match the document georef system that I have set up and am working with?
   d) I also want to import the actual .jpg images to their respective coord positions on this drawing. When I do a tet of this, for just one image, it comes in very large
       and not centered in the correct location.

How would I import the images 'en masse' and have them land in their correct, respective positions, at the correcct size?

Would I need to define the scale, somehow?
      Would I need to somehow set or adjust the coord system in the metadata so they come in at the correct location?

I would confirm layer scale is set to the same as the survey import and also make sure the Georeferenced is "checked" in the design layer settings.   Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 9.57.03 AM.png

Vectorworks 2020 Help: Importing Survey Data.

If you're willing, I'd be happy to take a look at the survey file and also discuss internally to see how we can come up with a solution. 

• Like 1