Locate in Navigation Palette

trashcan

Question

This strikes me as something that should be a feature so checking here if I'm missing it. And if it doesn't exist, here's a request to add it. 

Looking for a contextual right click when you click an object that says "Locate Class in Navigation Palette" and "Locate Layer in Navigation Palette". 

This is especially useful when you have a massive set of layers and classes and want to easily find one in the palette. It's even more useful when you inherit or import a project someone else created and you need to easily find a layer or class. 

Using the "Search" function works great but then you have to (groan) type it in. 

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

There isn't such a command and although it would be useful, It seems to me that the right-click Context menu is already becoming very busy. Activate Layer/Class is the best solution I have come up with which at least puts a tick by the layer or class so that it's easy to find.

You could filter your classes by Recently used which I have found keeps things manageable and if you activate the class of something that has not been recently used, then I think it joins the list.