Top/Pan Ctrl+5

My guess is that you (logically) use the numeric keypad for entry. If you hit the numeric keypad while not in an entry field it will change the 3D view. I've not found a way to lock this out, as it doesn't seem to be part of the workspace. I haven't looked very hard because I use it often, but I have our production people who would like to do the same as you.

I always found that people that accidentally ended up in a 3d view were more likely to get there via the numeric keypad than any other shortcut.

HTH,

ion

My guess is that you (logically) use the numeric keypad for entry. If you hit the numeric keypad while not in an entry field it will change the 3D view. I've not found a way to lock this out, as it doesn't seem to be part of the workspace. I haven't looked very hard because I use it often, but I have our production people who would like to do the same as you.

I always found that people that accidentally ended up in a 3d view were more likely to get there via the numeric keypad than any other shortcut.

HTH,

ion

VectorWorks already has this. If you set a snap grid of 100mm (4?0) and a reference grid of say, 1000mm (3ft.) then when you are in Top/Plan mode you should see the grid as a blue grid. If you change to a 3D view then the grid changes to a smaller black grid, and in isometric you can see the x and y grids as heavy lines...

that helps you to see if you are in Top/Plan and if not, you can make out which view you are looking at by the X/Y indicators.