line-weight

Do you manage to work with multiple view panes?

@zoomer Sorry to hear that ... but hey that's a pretty good run.  I'm just amazed that the light source is still good after all of those hours.

1 hour ago, line-weight said:

This is exactly what I've experienced and one of the reasons I've largely given up on multiple panes. Which version of VW are you on?

@line-weight We're using VW2020 Designer (latest service pack). 

Here's what the primary view pane looks like when it starts to go buggy.  Part of the image displays at a different scale.  In this example, I had just one other viewpane open.

1867850923_ScreenShot2020-07-19at6_48_46PM.thumb.png.bc31627d8b6edec4118a4ed6ca78b585.png

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Taproot said:

@zoomer Sorry to hear that ... but hey that's a pretty good run.  I'm just amazed that the light source is still good after all of those hours.

@line-weight We're using VW2020 Designer (latest service pack). 

Here's what the primary view pane looks like when it starts to go buggy.  Part of the image displays at a different scale.  In this example, I had just one other viewpane open.

1867850923_ScreenShot2020-07-19at6_48_46PM.thumb.png.bc31627d8b6edec4118a4ed6ca78b585.png

Yes, that's exactly what I get. This has been a problem for some time. I raised it in the thread linked to below (see the video there), but I'm pretty sure it has been mentioned by others earlier than that.

Disappointing but unsurprising that 2 releases later VW have still not fixed this.

Edited by line-weight

Can anyone who's used vw2021 for a bit confirm:

(a) has the issue with the buggy redraws been fixed?

(b) have you successfully used the new "smart options display" across multiple panes/screens and have you found that it makes a multiple-pane setup more usable?

a - does seem to be working ok now but didn't try anything too complex

b - smart options works in either pane ok

• Like 1