Frank Stöcker

Get Width | IfcBaseQuantities

Create a cube, use marionette for mapping Ifc Pset Values, use "Width", "Height", "Volume" and "GrossFootprintArea", use node "Volume", "Get Area", "Get Width", "Get Height" and execute. My file is created in meters. Look at the values, volume and area in m2 and m3 and is correct. Width and height is in millimeters. 

Why?

Thanks for answers and help!

Kind regards

Frank

IFC_Units.vwx

This is in addition to my first post. It is just illustrate what I meant. The inputs are ok, the output in the base quantities is wrong for "width" and "high"t. In BIMCollab Zoom the values are wrong, too.

Marionette.png

Units in BimCollab.png

IFC_Units.vwx

Posted (edited)

Hello Frank Stöcker,

Sorry, i don't know why the ifc units are wrong... but here is my simple workaround until the bug was fixed 🙂 

599846001_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-14um13_06_51.thumb.png.dfe1a385755c480d77ebd7b3919cd97e.png

IFC_Units-MG.vwx

Edited by m.graf
  • Like 1

Hi Markus,

thanks for your answer. I tried it and it works. I did this before, too, but I seems I made a mistake and "multiply" affected "Volume" and "Area". I didn't use a "ordered list" and this makes the whole network a bit unpredictable. 

So thanks again!

Hi Frank,

IFC units are always as follows:

• lengths are in mm
  • areas are in m²
  • volumes are in m³

The values that are written into the IFC basequantities have to be adjusted accordingly.

This applies to Marionette just as much as it does to VectorScript.

Regards,

Antonio

• Like 2