Sketchup import broken for VW2020

Marshallae

Question

Hi,

I'm trying to import a Sketchup model from SU 2020 into Vectorworks 2020.  I'm getting an error message saying "File Cannot be Imported.  File is either damaged or created by an unsupported Sketchup version".

I've tried this with a few different files to ensure it wasn't corrupted.  They all open fine in SU, but all have the same message in VW.

Is this is a known issue with the two 2020 versions of each programme?

Thanks.

Additionally, on a related note, I tried to use the 3D warehouse for Vectorworks (https://www.vectorworks.net/community/partner-community/partner-products/product/3d-warehouse-for-vectorworks).  This won't install for VW 2020 - is there a newer version being made at the moment to support 2020?

5 answers to this question

@Tamsin Slatter 

3 hours ago, Tamsin Slatter said:

Vectorworks 2020 imports Sketchup files up to version 2019. In Sketchup, save the file as a 2019 file and it will import into Vectorworks.

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FImport%2FImporting_SketchUp.htm&rhsearch=import sketchup&rhsyns=

Thanks for the quick reply. That has worked now for importing SU files.

Do you know if the 3D warehouse app is being updated to work with VW2020 too?

@Tamsin Slatter Hi Tamsin,

I am having the same issue as the user above in VW 2019 when I try to import a sketchup file. the sketchup file is 'version 7'.

When I try to use the import sketchup function it says the version is not supported by VW, the article you have linked to does not resolve this issue, do you know how I can resolve it to import the sketchup?

Many thanks,

Annabelle