Z3NO

Lighting symbols not exporting to C4D as Render Instances

I'm trying to export Spotlight Fixtures to C4D. The 'export symbols as render instances' checkbox is selected.
Trusses and other symbols export correctly, but the lighting fixtures are exported as individual geometries.
Data Visualization for the Design Layer is set to 'none'.
Any ideas?

if you placed them with the Lighting Instrument tool, they are now Plug In objects, not symbols any more.  that is why they don't go over as instances.  only way to not have that happen is to make sure the symbol insertion tool is active when placing, but then they will not be lighting objects, and will be pointing straight down.

This is one of my big gripes with the spotlight to C4D workflow. 

If you have lighting instruments focused, they come over in the correct orientation, but all as raw geo. 

If you make them symbols, they come in as instances, but not pointing in the correct orientation. 

Maddening. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, EAlexander said:

This is one of my big gripes with the spotlight to C4D workflow. 

If you have lighting instruments focused, they come over in the correct orientation, but all as raw geo. 

If you make them symbols, they come in as instances, but not pointing in the correct orientation. 

Maddening. 

It makes the Spotlight > C4D workflow ludicrous, difficult and potentially very expensive if one chooses to purchase the Hantmade plugins @ €238,00. And my guess is, it probably takes the rest of those Hantmade plugins (each with their own price & don't know if those are subscription or perpetual) to make that whole process smooth.