Irregular Curve creation

Hello. I am trying to create the curved rump of a Gozney Roccbox Pizza Oven. I have tried numerous online tutorials for what I think will do the job but have failed so far. I have created different arcs forming a 90º section around a single point but have not been able to create a single skin to wrap around this.

Can anybody guide me thru the basics of how to create a curved surface in 3D? Thanks

RoccboxV1.vwx

Here's an attempt at the shape. Its not as simple as it appears... which is true of most things that come out of industrial design software. I essentially did it with fillets and solid sections in the end. I tried using lofting but the tools in VW aren't quite up to this shape. The front face isn't completely accurate (you can see the polyline guide I left in) but the footprint and side view are very close.

The front face is actually part of an oval in their drawings while the back end is based on arcs. Its the blending of the two that isn't so easy.

Kevin

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 7.54.18 PM.png

RoccboxV1 KM.vwx

Edited by Kevin McAllister
  • Like 2