missing icon reference marker / north arrow

IDquestion

Question

Hello! I am an advanced beginner (Interior Design) and I have a question regarding the Tool Set. I am working on a Mac (student license) and under dims/notes I cannot locate the icons reference marker and north arrow. I would greatly appreciate anybody's help! Kind regards!

4 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @IDquestion, Welcome to the Forum.

The Reference Marker and North Arrow tools certainly should be in the Dims/Notes tool set. Here is a screenshot of that tool set for your reference.

image.png

Are you by chance using a modified workspace or a workspace that was migrated from a previous version of Vectorworks?

What version of Vectorworks are you currently using?

Might you be able to upload a screenshot of your entire workspace with a view of that tool set?

Hi Neil, thank you very much for your answer. Good to know that you share my surprise at the missing icons. I am working with a student license on a Mac - here is a screenshot of what it says in Vectorworks

863629199_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-12um19_38_16.thumb.png.8d2526f183f82f4e5103a26ef1475b20.png

Below you'll find screenshots of my workspace - it's in German as I am located in Austria. But as the icons are the same, you'll be able to tell it is missing. I have chosen the Workspace Design but not altered anything. The screenshots are taken on my macbook so they are smallish and I had to screenshot twice for you to get the whole list. I normally work on an iMac but i've just uninstalled VWX in order to start fresh, hopeful that the icon will be there after the installation. 

Please tell me if you need any other information!

I am a VWX beginner but absolutely computer literate so I've been very frustrated the past days. So I really appreciate you taking the time!
Kind regards, 

Marie2081962033_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-12um19_39_06.thumb.png.f6c4dc67db0edca78c4fa856dbe9f713.png831459347_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-12um19_39_00.thumb.png.d8e902c6a3e3825c6e18f8895d8d4f8f.png

Edited by IDquestion
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Thank you for the screenshots and it's very good to know where you are located. Knowing this helps. Since you are in Austria, I would recommend contacting your local Vectorworks distributor... By the looks of it they localize your version of Vectorworks so they would be they best ones to speak with about your workspace and the missing tools.

In the meantime, I would recommend going to the Vectorworks Help (under "Hilfe" if I am correct) and searching for your "Customizing Workspaces" in your language. That should bring you to a page that describes how to add those missing tools back into your workspace. (The English version of that page is here.)

I have already posted in the German Forum but have gotten no reply yet - this is why I reached out here. You are totally correct about Hilfe. I have tried going this way too. In fact I have scrolled through every available icon there is in the customising menu but i could not find it. I will get in touch with the distributor then.924095539_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-12um19_57_58.thumb.png.a0ecfd425376ac97040a61d072a2e4ab.png