Vectorworks to Oculus Quest for immersive viewing

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Vectorworks, as well as VR.  I have an Oculus Quest headset and would like to load our residential interior renovation model onto the headset so that the clients can review the design and any conflicts between the various tradesman.  I have one week to figure it out.  (We've done this in the past but my colleague, who is on vacation, usually spearheads the presentations.)

What would be the most straightforward way to accomplish a 1:1 immersive experience?

Thanks in advance,

Tom

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello tfr:

I am also interested in the Oculus Quest it's a nice tidy and affordable and reasonably capable package.  Unfortunately it is very difficult for companies to get their apps on the Oculus Store (which seems to be heavily biased to games), which is why you sometimes see strange registration methods where you pretend you are an enterprise app.

Vectorworks can export a good number of 3D formats, so if a viewer understands C4D, FBX, COLLADA, 3DS, OBJ then you could import the model into the viewer that way.

• 4 months later...