GDTF - MVR Problem

I got a problem with GDTF Fixtures in Vision (they also don't work like expected in grandMA3....but this has other difficulties 😉 )....I made this as test with Robe Megapointe (GDTF + DMX Chart from Vectorworks and additional some Elation DARTZ360 (GDTF created myself).

All time as I use the fixtures exported to MVR from vectorworks with GDTF setting, the light source is far above over the fixtures (see pic MVR-GDTF.jpg). If I export the Fixtures without GDTF setting (only DMX channel mode...see pic MVR-DMX.jpg) all works fine. If I adjust Pan/Tilt values over my console the beam circluate around the fixture (black body) as center. If I use the fixture in grandMA3 it all works fine, only Vision show a different behaviour. Plus also for example the Prism's don't work in GDTF mode, in DMX mode all is fine. Anyone does have an idea about where to solve the problem....or is this like favorite MA phrase: Its not implemented yet.

MVR-GDTF.JPG

MVR-DMX.JPG

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@tk11de

When I was testing this one odd thing showed up,

the 'test.mvr' did not seem to contain any fixtures either GDTF or the Vision .lit file when opened in Vision, although the fixtures are definitely present in the MVR file itself.

You can check this yourself by changing the .mvr to .zip in the file properties, which will convert the MVR into an uncompressed zip file, which you can then open and look inside.

The  'test-gdtf.mvr' worked correctly for me and displayed the fixtures on the correct position and the emitters also ion the correct position in relation to the fixtures geometry

Creating a new MVR from your .vwx file also functionaed correctly for me.

What builds and service packs of Spotlight and Vision are you using? (I was testing with the standard English SP4 releases of both Vision and Spotlight)

What sort of computer are you using and what is its spec? (I tested on a windows 10 laptop)

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I just had a thought,

What import settings are you using for the file dimensions?

MVR files should always be imported using the mm option in the import dialogue as when they are created they always default to mm no matter what unit settings are used in the original Spotlight file!

49 minutes ago, jcogdell said:

@tk11de

When I was testing this one odd thing showed up,

the 'test.mvr' did not seem to contain any fixtures either GDTF or the Vision .lit file when opened in Vision, although the fixtures are definitely present in the MVR file itself.

You can check this yourself by changing the .mvr to .zip in the file properties, which will convert the MVR into an uncompressed zip file, which you can then open and look inside.

The  'test-gdtf.mvr' worked correctly for me and displayed the fixtures on the correct position and the emitters also ion the correct position in relation to the fixtures geometry

Creating a new MVR from your .vwx file also functionaed correctly for me.

What builds and service packs of Spotlight and Vision are you using? (I was testing with the standard English SP4 releases of both Vision and Spotlight)

What sort of computer are you using and what is its spec? (I tested on a windows 10 laptop)

I use SP4 R1 (Build 550627) in Vectorworks (but the German version provided from Computerworks). In Vision its used v25.0.4.549680, guess its the actual version so far.

Import settings are: Millimeter, Use Fixture Types from: Vision (maybe that is my mistake that I have to choose GDTF?)...but even use of this setting bring the same result, plus the DARTZ360 are not shown up anymore. And as as u mentioned...test.mvr is not using GDTF version at all (it just use the DMX-version). The file test-gdtf.mvr should use for both fixtures (Mega Pointe and DARTZ369) the GDTF Version. But the GDTF for the DARTZ360 are created myself, so maybe there is a problem in my creation as well.

My computer is Windows 10 64bit, 64GB RAM, nVIDIA GeForce 2080 Super, AMD Ryzen 9-3900X, M2-SSD+SSD, Windows is also up to date. So far it all works well and all imports made in ESC are working fine.

Edited by tk11de