Rotate plan not working?

Phil21

Question

Hi

I have just upgraded to VW2020 fundamentals, but having an issue with the 'rotate plan' command. I was previously using VW2016 Architect and used this tool a lot. But it doesn't seem to work at all in 2020. The 'rotate plan' icon appears to be greyed all the time, as if it was selected, but can't rotate my plan.

Am I missing something obvious?

Phil

12 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Rotate Plan is Design Series functionality and has never been available in Vectorworks Fundamentals. Here is the article in Vectorworks Help that describes the functionality. The D beside the heading denotes this as a Design Series (Designer, Architect, Landmark or Spotlight) capability.

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FViews%2FRotating_the_plan.htm&rhsearch=rotate plan&rhsyns=

If you now have Vectorworks Fundamentals only, but can see the tool, it may be that you have migrated your user folder and workspaces from an earlier version, but the tool will not work in Fundamentals. I'm afraid it has never been part of the Fundamentals package.

This architect in Vectorworks Help lists all commands and tools and their availability in the different design series products:

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/Commands_Tools2020.pdf

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

You can use the Fundamental workspace even if you have a Design series license, so it is not unusual that it would work for you.

I am certain the VW will give you an upgrade price if you want to go back to Architect as an adder to the Fundamentals you already have.

Correct - switching to the Fundamentals workspace when you have an Architect licence will still give you access to Architect functionality - it is the serial number that determines this, not the functionality. I can assure you that this functionality has not been removed from Fundamentals.

Pat / Tamsin

Thanks to you both for clarifying. That's a pity this basic function isn't included. 😞

Could I request this gets added to the next release? It is such a useful feature that should be in all versions. I don't need the full Architect package.

Thanks again for your help.

Phil

On 7/8/2020 at 9:17 AM, Phil21 said:

Pat / Tamsin

Thanks to you both for clarifying. That's a pity this basic function isn't included. 😞

Could I request this gets added to the next release? It is such a useful feature that should be in all versions. I don't need the full Architect package.

Thanks again for your help.

Phil

Sadly i agree, is such a basic function, in the common programs is just a default comand. I've just switch to vectorworks from years of works in autocad and Microstation, and i'm very disappointed.
Hope they will implement this basic comand

• Like 1