Create Interpolated Surface tool not working

MHBrown

Question

I'm using the latest version of Vectorworks Architect 2020 on a 16" MacBook Pro, OS Catalina. I do a lot of furniture models and like to use interpolated NURBS surfaces to create cushions. What I like to do is extrude the shape I need and extract one of the surfaces as a NURBS surface; then I use the Interpolated Surface tool to manipulate it. The problem is this: if the extracted surface is not a rectangle I get a message saying I must use an "untrimmed" surface. Well, it IS untrimmed. It's not trimmed at all, it's just not rectangular. There is a button in the OIP with the word "untrim," which I can click. That converts whatever shape I have into a rectangle. Strange. Why would I want to do that? If I wanted a rectangle I would have created one. I discovered, however, that the Interpolation seems to only work on rectangle-shaped NURBS surfaces. It doesn't work on anything else. Is this true? Is there something I am missing? It seems so limiting that I must be doing something wrong.

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet