Irrigation - Turn Off Automatic Irrigation Network Update

Is there a way to turn off the  automatic irrigation network update that occurs at every pipe connection? The disruption to workflow with having to wait 5-10 seconds after every single lateral pipe placement is getting to be quite tedious on larger irrigation plans. I cannot find any setting to disable this feature.

I would much prefer to lay out the lateral lines of a zone and calculate the pipes after I have everything laid out. I do not know if this is an issue with my personal workflow, which is as follows (short version):

1. POC Setup

2. Mainline Run

3. Design Zones

3. Head Placement

4. Lateral Line Placement

5. Valve Cluster Placement

Should I be approaching my irrigation drafting in a different order? Can I just turn off calculations until I am ready for them?

Thank you.

Edited by samgbickel
  • 7 months later...
On 7/7/2020 at 1:13 AM, samgbickel said:

Is there a way to turn off the  automatic irrigation network update that occurs at every pipe connection? The disruption to workflow with having to wait 5-10 seconds after every single lateral pipe placement is getting to be quite tedious on larger irrigation plans. I cannot find any setting to disable this feature.

I would much prefer to lay out the lateral lines on a zone and calculate the pipes after I have everything laid out. I do not know if this is an issue with my personal workflow, which is as follows (short version):

1. POC Setup

2. Mainline Run

3. Design Zones

3. Head Placement

Should I be approaching my irrigation drafting in a different order? Can I just turn off calculations until I am ready for them?

Thank you.

Hi,

as far as I know there is no option to turn that of but it looks that somene forgot about it... because there is an option to force manual recalculation...

My workflow goes like this:

1. POC Setup - if flow & pressure were mesured

2. Head Placement

3. Design Zones - helps to split zones into valve sections

2. Mainline Run

6. POC Setup - if flow & pressure is going to be set by the design

Edited by Piotr Karczewski
  • 1 year later...

Let me guess - this is still unresolved by VEctorworks?  Yet another reason we canceled our Service Select membership and are no longer going to update.  These issues effectively make the software unusable.  We have irrigation plans that require waiting hours a day for calculations to complete.  This is unbelievably frustrating.  We are looking for other solutions and possibly will farm out our irrigation work as a result.

• Sad 1