Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Less or equal in marrionette

@m.graf All data in VW records (and therefore most of the data in worksheets) is actually stored as strings. If a worksheet cell is formatted as a number then the conversion happens behind the scenes and you can do math.

The description for GetSubrowValue says that it returns the "Display Value" of the cell. Based on what I know, that tells me that is it intended to return a string since that is the way it is displaying the data. And it will probably return a string that includes any cell formatting that has been applied.

I would expect Marionette to have a String 2 Number node, but I could not find it.

@Pat Stanford,

the get cell value node from VW 2020 returns value not string, but Martijn Wingelaars old Node (from VW2015 or Forum?) returns string. I only added the new node in his script and it works. 

greatings M.Graf   

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-11 um 09.51.06.png897000357_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-11um09_50_22.thumb.png.69098c41d5ce36f6c89849c2c9aafc6d.png

Edited by m.graf

the real problem:

the cell value in the old "get cell value node" is a string with "comma" like  "1,23"

the "float node" only converts strings with Dezimalpoints like "1.23" to numbers

But the script stops at the first node with the error message,  so it is difficult for the user to find the error. 

greatings M.Graf

string_to_value.vwx

438711262_Bildschirmfoto2020-07-11um12_43_09.thumb.png.01cda9d7d78ff2ecbdef27f7e4679278.png   

• 2 weeks later...