V12 Crashes

Exported the document to V11.5.1, and added a class with no problem.

On a fresh document, V12 adds a class with no problem.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

System Model Dell DXP051

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 4 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz

Total Physical Memory 4,096.00 MB

if you open the v11 file you exported back into 11, do you have the same problem. We used to rescue v9 files by back exporting to v8 and then opening in 9.

Alternatively, you can use the workgroup reference method to recover from corrupted files PDF document

Download the above document, and see if that clears things up.

HTH

Thanks for your suggestions, Ionw.

Imported the exported v11 file, so it's now v11v12v11v12. And it still crashes upon adding a class.

One option is to use v11 until 12.1 is issued (and hope for a fix).

Another would be to try your workgroup reference trick.

Another is to go back to yesterday's backup, which doesn't seem to be corrupted. I could simply copy the latest stuff into the backup file (since the bad file does, at least, open).

If you decide to go the copy paste route, I would highly recomend doing it in a very methodical fashion, testing adding classes after each paste and multiple saves, so that you can paste info in, see if the class issue causes a crash and if not save, if so then revert to saved rather than Undo. This way you may find the culprit in the new file.

Also, another thought, have you only tried to add one particular class? i.e. Furniture, multiple times or more varied like Furniture, test, Gosh_darnit, #$%#@

If it has been only one name, try a different name to see if your class is causing a conflict with a plugin you added since yesterday...

just a thought

ion

If it adds a class in a fresh document without crashing I suggest that it's a corrupt document that's the problem. To fix open a new document use the workgroup references to copy all the layers and classes that existing from the corrupt doc, then delete the WGR but keep the information when prompted.