Resource manager

Bertadesign

Question

Hello Forum,

I've got the Vectorworks Education software (2017) and as mentioned in another post been encountering a variety of problems. This time it is the resource manager that doesn't give me the option to search or change the viewing option, which is just grey (see attached screenshot).

I just keep thinking that this version has quite a few bugs and therefore is pretty inconstistent in its response. Sometimes options just dissappear. And, I can still not  apply any texture to a simple wall for example, as in giving it a wallpaper.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

No search option and no views options.png

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The Resource Manager will only allow you to change the view on resources that are currently open for editing. So, if you were to click on one of the files under the Open Files heading, and select a resource, such as a symbol, you will be able to change the thumbnail view of that. 
Not sure why you can't search... will look into that, but at last that answers the 3D view question for you.