Braceworks Math

Samuel_Ellis

Question

Hello All,

I work at Reed Rigging and we are trying to utilize Braceworks. On one of our recent projects we noticed that BW was not putting out numbers that we would expect to see. We have an 80' truss span with 5 hoist. BW is calculating hoist 1,3,and 5 to within 75lbs of our numbers. However, BW is calculating hoist 2 and 4 to be 300lbs heavier then our numbers. Can anyone explain why BW would spit out these kinds of numbers? (Note: I have removed all the safety factors in BW to try and get as accurate numbers that I can get)

We are checking BW against our internal system that we use to produce the calculations we need. This system has been proven in real-world situations to be accurate. Something that we really want to see is the math behind BW. We have an office full of ETCP certified riggers who have been very successful using long hand to calculating accurate loads. I have been informed that generating a report will produce the math however, as you can see the report does not show this. Where can I look to find this math? 

Thank you!

BW Report.pdf

2034546040_RRI_WeightReport.thumb.PNG.e310dfea5cd2ebeb8212758c090da3cd.PNG

3 answers to this question

Hi @samuel_ellis,

I have checked your file and from what I see the Braceworks calculation reports are right. You see that the moment and shear force looks like aspected.

What is happening that the 2 (heavy) audio loads on the outer truss segments pull  the middle hoist up. I have attached a screenshot that show the lever which is acting there.

I also attached some parts of our Braceworks training where we educate about the math behind Braceworks. I would invite you to such a session to give you some more insides what happens inside a Braceworks calculation. Just send me a PM to set up an meeting 🙂

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-01 um 20.21.02.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-01 um 20.22.00.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-01 um 20.28.44.png

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-01 um 20.29.48.png

• Like 1