ENERGOS - Direct electric heating option

drelARCH

Hi community,

In order to correctly set up my building heating system i need to add electrical heating as my primary system (floor electric heating) ...but there is no option for that. 

Hot water heating has electric system but not heating. Is this error?...or am I missing something?

I see that in RM among energos records there is one record called 'energos heating direct electric'...can I somehow include it and add to my heating system. Will energos take effect after attaching this some object in drawing?

Can somenone help me to solve this question.

Maybe @Luka Stefanovicor @Nikolay Zhelyazkov might have answer.

Thanks.

Snímka obrazovky 2020-07-01 o 8.39.06.png

Edited by drelARCH
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @drelARCH,

Not sure why there is no direct electric in the default heating systems. Anyway, you can easily add custom systems to your system lists by selecting the Edit List... option in the list of systems. The new system will be saved in your user folder.

Another way to go for this is to attach the required energos system record to an object in your drawing, edit its values to be correct and use it in the project settings (it will be listed in the Drawing category) as shown in the image below. This way your system will be saved in the document and not in your user folder.

image.png

Let me know if this gets the job done.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks @Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I dont think I understand fully your first suggestion...I cant see 'edit list...' option in main heating system categories. I only see this option in the list of specific systems...

Is there a way to create my own custom category and build my own list of specific system types?

Or am I constrained to only use default system categories?

Second solution is working for me, but I would prefer the first approach.

Snímka obrazovky 2020-07-01 o 9.43.46.png

3 minutes ago, drelARCH said:

Thanks @Nikolay Zhelyazkov

I dont think I understand fully your first suggestion...I cant see 'edit list...' option in main heating system categories. I only see this option in the list of specific systems...

Is there a way to create my own custom category and build my own list of specific system types?

Or am I constrained to only use default system categories?

Second solution is working for me, but I would prefer the first approach.

Snímka obrazovky 2020-07-01 o 9.43.46.png

- I do not think that you can create your own category, but you can edit the list of systems in the existing categories. The Edit List.. option is in the second list with the systems of the selected category. You can create your own list of systems or add/edit systems in existing lists. Here is an example of where the Edit List.. is with custom system list called "My Electric system":

image.png

• Like 1

Ok. Thanks for clarification.

I have another question regarding Energos record. Looking at 'Energos Heating Direct Electric' 

I only have primary heating system to use direct electric heating energos record. Energos label show heating value of 3,00 kW. From where this number arrives?

There are only few parameters to choose from and I dont see any values there...How this works?

Snímka obrazovky 2020-07-01 o 10.09.05.png

Snímka obrazovky 2020-07-01 o 10.20.22.png

2 hours ago, drelARCH said:

There are only few parameters to choose from and I dont see any values there...How this works?

- This value is based on complex calculations, including not only the heating system, but the ventilation system, the desired interior temperature and maybe others. Changing some of these components will affect the result.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Hello @drelARCH,

Not sure why there is no direct electric in the default heating systems.

from what i gather (after some calculations) all settings default to electric systems. if you do not check the installation system energos assumes it's based on electricity. 

i mean 'heating' or 'warm water preparation' of the main settings in energos. if you don't check (i.e. don't include) the existence of this system in your project, it will default to electric source.

rob

Edited by gester
  • Like 1