jeff prince

Moving property line labels

I created a property line with the tool bearing the same name.  I can not figure out how to move a few of the labels.  I tried the reshape tool, but I do not see a point to grab for the label.  Any ideas?

When you select the Prop Line Object a small reshape handle appears at each label location. Drag the handle and the label will move with it.

• Like 1

From the Help File, click on the Property Line and then on the control point (not the drop-down).

C2FB6C83-A316-4913-ADED-8B67095FE789.jpeg

@rDesign @CipesDesign Thanks for the replies folks.  Unfortunately, when I create a property line, there are no control points for the text.  The control point that appears is for the middle of the line segment, moving it with the reshape tool changes the property line’s location.  I can’t figure out why I am not seeing the control point for the text object.  I started a new file and created a property line from scratch to see if that resolved the issue but it didn’t.

I’m at a loss here.

Not sure what the problem is - assuming that you're using Vw2020?

Yes, I’m on 2020.  It’s weird not seeing the control points as explained in the help menu...  I haven’t changed the vectorworks workspace or default behavior since installing it.

Posted (edited)

Attached is a quick test file I made in Vw2020 SP4, with the Property Line working properly. Open it and see if it works / or not for you.

prop-line-test_v2020.vwx

2053412954_ScreenShot2020-06-28at6_27_15PM.thumb.jpg.60271951a6cc0f789a6afc2964189e53.jpg

Edited by rDesign
  • Like 1

mystery solved...

"disable interactive scaling" must have been accidentally activated.

I didn't even know about that button until I stumbled upon @Pat Stanford 's post on the topic.

• Like 3