Section Line Instances (Markers) In Viewports

How does one control the class of Section Markers when working in Section Viewports?  I understand how to set the instances to show up in specific viewports by clicking the "Section Line Instances" button on the Object Info Palette. 

However, I can't seem to understand the logic how these markers get assigned to a class.  Frequently when attempting to key my sections to the plans, I wind up having to sort through classes that are inadvertently turned off to figure out how to make a section marker show up.  It involves a lot of fussing with class visibilities, 

Is there a way to globally set the class of the section markers?  I am working in a shared project file, so I don't always know what steps were taken to make the viewports in the first place.

Edited by cberg

I don’t know how to set the class of a section marker but by default it should be the none class I think.

Section markers may have been placed on different classes after they were created so any additional instances of those viewports I guess will also be assigned To that class.

As far as I know there is no global setting to change what classes section markers are on but you could create a report with section markers as the criteria that lists all the section markers and what class they are on. You could then quite quickly find the section markers that are on odd classes and reset them to be on a dedeicated class that is set to visible in all viewports.

• Like 1