Is VW drawing this roof face wrongly?

line-weight

Question

I've got two roof faces which meet each other at a vertical join. If I look at them in 3d, I can see that the 'inner' faces are aligned at the join, but the 'outer' faces aren't. This is because the two roof faces are at different pitches.

660601286_ScreenShot2020-06-26at16_40_47.thumb.jpg.761b8b0b3fd48e94297e3d1931ab23af.jpg

(Am I correct to understand that the reason they are aligned on the inner face is because this is where I have set the "datum" for the components on each?)

But when I look at this in top-plan view, they are drawn as if they are overlapping. Why is this?

1519075699_ScreenShot2020-06-26at16_32_05.thumb.jpg.d1b54448d567a6d9c09cbe39f0d82f00.jpg

You can see that I have placed a few 3d locii to check that the "join" face is vertical. You can see them in the top-plan view. I've attached the VWX file.

roofsvw.vwx

4 answers to this question

Not sure what to make of this.  It seems that in 3d wireframe  the one grey plane is attaching/extending to the under component of the red plane. If in top plan you extend the grey roof to the red roof via the connect combine, they look right in plan but then in 3d you see that now they are matched to their top components.  weird.  sorry I can't help much.