How to Determine Arrowhead Location on End of Line

Question:

How do I control where an arrowhead is located on the endpoint of a line? If it's possible, where is the setting located? Thank you for the help.

Explanation:

Currently I have tested several different types of arrowheads and noticed that they locate themselves in different positions depending on their marker type.  

IE:

The tip of arrow shaped arrowheads end at the line endpoint.

The side of square shaped arrowheads end at the line endpoint.

The circular arrowheads are centered at the line endpoint.

Image:

Each line is an identical length, the only variable is the marker type of the arrowhead.

Running Vectorworks Designer 2020 SP4.

2081436170_ScreenShot2020-06-25at1_20_09PM.thumb.png.a7de7d15371923e150d1a4564e33462e.png

Edited by BlueAngels

My belief is that they are applying the geometry principle here, circular shape is always measured from the centre in Geometry and so when you want to use the Circle shape as Marker, people already know that it's the centre of it that counts, when it's an arrow its the tip and the edges in the square. 

FBernardo, thank you for replying.

While I cannot claim to be familiar with the Geometry Principle, I will file your response under, "It cannot, nor should it, be modified". 

I will also interpret the lack of obvious answers to mean that this post should be located within the Vectorworks Wish List forum.  

For reference, this is how the arrow endpoint location situation is handled within Adobe Illustrator:

Thanks again.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 9.48.03 AM.png

Edited by BlueAngels

@BlueAngels  Hi there,

While adobe illustrator puts the circle at the end i'm almost sure (don't use the software) that the centre of the circle will be the Measure point if you're trying to do any dimensions, what VW does is putting the circle on that measure point which is the centre and the line goes to there. 

While in precision drawing and adding dimensions to it you will have to find that it's the cross of the lines that will mark the spot, so VW puts the circle in the middle. I don't believe they'll change the way the circle arrowhead works, as architects usually use or the cross of the line or when they use the circle the middle is where it's the spot, this goes way back in history, in hand drawing they used the lines and then added the circle just for "prettiness" of the drawing.

As you can see in the picture it's just a line with the arrowheads, the circle is always at the middle although if you look at it in drawing it won't affect the look  but if you measure it, you'll have to point it to the middle of the circle.

Arrowhead.jpg

Edited by FBernardo
Adding picture