Driving Curve Tool Plugin

lisagravy

Question

Has anyone else had issues with the Driving Curve Tool plugin since 2020 upgrade? I had to re-install mine, and when I draw a path using the tool nothing happens. Not sure if I'm missing something obvious or if this is a bug related to one of the recent SP upgrades.

(I did have it working fine previously, though this was some months ago!)

Edited by lisagravy

3 answers to this question

Thanks @Mark Mullany - I had looked at this, but I'm not looking for anything this comprehensive - there will be an Engineer on the project who's scope will include working out the accurate tracking, so it's not something we'd pay a subscription for. It's just we used the free Vectorworks tool before successfully to anticipate and sense check our allowance for driving curves within the initial design, prior to these going to the Engineer for review. Does this not work anymore?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The Driving Curve tool is only officially compatible with 2014 & 2015, both of which have themselves had their final service releases. I believe you can use a few example vehicles in AutoTurn without a paid subscription, alternatively you could build your own tool with Marionette, (worth a look anyway theres some cool stuff available on there!) or simply use Duplicate along Path if an approximation would be acceptable. You can also make a request here for an update to the tool should you wish.

• Like 1