2d-objects: human figures

Kea

Just tired of searching all the cad-forums in the world!

So could anyone recommend some stylish/designed human figure objects (in vector graphics)? I don't like the (ultra-detailed) objects that one finds on the 3rd party plug-ins page of Nemetcheck?

Raster graphics based 3D PopulationWorks look quite ok, but when converting a lot of drawings into DWG-files, the extra image folder is a nuicance. ? And the 3D PW package is also a bit too expensive, I could do with fewer objects.

(DWG format of the downloadable objects would be no problem.)

Yes, I forgot to mention in the original post, that it's 2D objects I'm looking for.

I've checked the 2D objects in Vector Depot quite long time ago and didn't find any suitable ones that time ? and now the files seem to be too old to open with VW 12 anyway.

So the serching goes on? But propably I'll have to put up with the old ugly ones ffor the time being as there isn't too much time to spend in the net. Not to mention designing the objects myself :-) Maybe *one day*.

My collegues are complaining about my few over-used 2D human figures. They all look like something from the 1980's. I have had no succes finding good new ones. In Hemara Photo Objects there are 100+ figures, but for some reason the idiotic photographers have them all look straight into the camera. If you have any luch finding a decent set of figures, let me know.

An option here would be to use the Human Figure tool in VW 12 and take snap shots of the figures in different poses to have image based (2d) versions of people.

The other option is to pose the figure and then use convert copy to polygons to have a polygonal based 2d figure.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

VectorWorks Architect, Landmark, Spotlight, and Designer (v12) all ship a symbol library file called "00_Entourage_Figures.MCD" that includes preset configurations of the new 3D Human Figure objects, aw well as pre-rendered images (in color as well as grayscale) of those same figures using Artistic renderWorks. You can use the images to create image props. This library can save you a -lot- of time.

Katie, thanks for good hints. I've sometimes made tree-objects with the Trace polygons -command; the objects only tend to be rather heavy-sized. I've got to check out also the Human Figure Tool.

Mike, image props you proposed look good (and reasonably priced!). The semi-transparent people -effect sounds good, too. Thanks :-)

And Robert, the style of the 00_Entourage_Figures look also quite promising. I hadn't found this library myself as it's not in the Object Browser by default (should browse through the VW 12 manual?one day?) Cheers,

Kira

Robert and post, I have been trying to create figure objects importing jpeg, png graphics, but the background is not trannsparent like the ones in 00_Entourage_Figures.MCD. How can you create similar files out jpeg or bpm images?

Thanks in advance and your topics on these posts.

El Don