Mac Silicon OS and VW

Don Seidel

5 hours ago, digitalcarbon said:

there is no "upgrade anxiety" with Onshape. No hardware upgrade issues...any computer that can run a browser is ok.

Still have not upgraded to vw 2022 yet. I just don't want to deal with it.

@zoomer: your statement above, followed by @digitalcarbon's statement, enunciate perfectly the current Mac OS hardware/software dilemmas and one viable solution—one which I think fits few of us.

• 4 months later...

I'd sure like to get an update on new Mac silicon and VW 2022. I still use a late 2013 souped up 27" iMac and VW 2021. My VW files are topping out at about 100MB. Projects are BIM 3D with a controlled level of lights and textures. Speed is good but increasingly could be better. I now mostly have only one project open at a time. It seems prudent to now be careful before installing VW2022. Apple is now not supporting my late 2013 iMac. The Studio Mac looks like it should be good now or soon but I'd sure like more feedback from Vectorworks on tested hardware options. And, from more people on these boards. 

1 hour ago, Henry Finch said:

I'd sure like to get an update on new Mac silicon and VW 2022. I still use a late 2013 souped up 27" iMac and VW 2021. My VW files are topping out at about 100MB. Projects are BIM 3D with a controlled level of lights and textures. Speed is good but increasingly could be better. I now mostly have only one project open at a time. It seems prudent to now be careful before installing VW2022. Apple is now not supporting my late 2013 iMac. The Studio Mac looks like it should be good now or soon but I'd sure like more feedback from Vectorworks on tested hardware options. And, from more people on these boards. 

You might find this thread useful