Data Manager - working in presets

matteoluigi

Question

hi,

as far as I understood the data manager now does take an important role in the Vectorworks Bim workflow. In fact it offers great possibilities in optimizing a project's BIM-workflow. However, everytime I apply some changes to the data-mapping settings, the actual Data-Manager set switches from the last saved to "actual settings". Each time I want to save the settings, after having them modified, I have to insert the Data-set name manually.

That's incomfortable for two reasons.

1) I would prefer to see a list of possible data sets, I already saved to be able to chose a set to overwrite instead of having to rewrite the set name everytime I apply some changes to the data mappings

2) the bigger problem is, that, the more I have to rewrite the same "data-set"-name, the higher is the probability, that I either some writing mistakes or I maybe lose some settings...

However, the way Data Sets are stored in the data manager now is not 100% practical.

• Like 2

2 answers to this question