Extreme Lag Between Vision 2020 and EOS Nomad

GTHORN

Question

So, I have been attempting to work with Vision via EOS Nomad (v2.91 with dongle), and there has been an extreme lag between the console command and the corresponding visual within Vision (about 3 seconds). I have attempted to use the software all on one laptop, on separate laptops (one for EOS and one for Vision), used Artnet and sACN, all to no avail. It's applying to all lights, even the incandescents. If it was a static look show, I could ignore this. But, I'm attempting to cue a musical with movers, chase effects, etc. This problem makes it impossible to see if the looks are timing out with the songs, as movers will freeze, jump 3 seconds ahead in the sequence, then freeze and repeat. 

I would assume the software is just overloading my computer (working with a macbook pro that's a few years old at this point), but I have been able to get it to run smoothly via restarting the software (all on one laptop, with a bigger file, no less). While that's a huge hassle of a solution, it's also inconsistent, as I can't get the software to work cleanly at all currently. I've been in contact with Vectorworks support about this issue, and I thought I had the issue solved by running a vision file sent directly from Vectorworks each time (again, huge hassle), but now the issue is back and worse. Has anyone had this issue/have any thoughts to fix it?

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet