WORKSHEET - Renaming same style name in multiple database criteria

Hello community,

I wonder is there a way to rename multiple database row criteria (using same object style name) in same worksheet in one action? As you can see in attachment, I have a structure of wall (can be slab, roof..) with 10 components, but each component is directed to the same style name OP02. If i want to list all components for lets say different wall style with name OP03 I have to go to change it 10 times in database criteria...and thats tedious. Also I dont want to have preformatted worksheet for 10 - 20 different wall/slab/roof style in one building.

So any thought or put it other way is there a better criteria approach for calling components with simpler criteria setup?

Maybe script would do it?

Thanks for help.

Snímka obrazovky 2020-06-18 o 13.16.34.png

Edited by drelARCH

If you are willing to not use the Criteria Builder dialog box and manually edit the criteria you could put the Style (or maybe the whole criteria) into a worksheet cell. Then you could change that one cell and all of the databases would update.

But can I ask why you are using so many database sections? It looks like you could do a single database and then SUMmarize on the material and get the same result in a single database.

Ask again if you need help in setting up the criteria formula.

Thanks Pat.

Your suggestion is something I was thinking of kind of...to have one place where I could control name of style and it will affect whole worksheet all database sections criteria.

Please see attached my setup.

Normally I dont need that much database sections (components), maybe 5 - 7max. But still I wanted to have few rows in case some style 

Primary focus is to provide list of components and their attributes (thickness, lambda, R-value...) and have overall thickness and U value.

I have been following this forum for over year very closely but I havent come to other solution and approach than the one I am using....

I would greatly appreciate your help in simplifying process.

database criteria.vwx

@Pat Stanford any thought on this matter...?

I have successfully created one worksheet with database criteria set to only one criteria: Visible Selection State > is selected. This make process much much simpler and I am free to name style as I wish.

Of course I have to go through individual wall/slab/roof style to select them and then recalculate given worksheet...but this is definitely much easier workflow.

Anyway, I would be curious to know what was your thought and solution how to simplify this process with one cell where I can define criteria style name.

Thanks in advance.