Don MacNair

DGMacNair

Question

When working with worksheets within a report I have hit a road block which seems like there must be a simple solution. Basically I have been trying to get the data attached to an irrigation valve (flow) to perform a calculation with other data from a hydrozone (area) or a design zone, or drip outlet zone. The bottom line is I would like to multiply the flow rate in gpm times the area of a hydrozone. Simply multiplying the data base header cells does not work.  I have attempted referencing the data base header cell in secondary worksheet but all I get is the sum total of all the individual area records. I have been trying to use hydrozones because I also need percentage of total landscape as part California’s Water Efficiency Landscape Ordinance and the calculation I need will provide precipitation rates. I would hope this can be achieved with a single worksheet. I am able to do what I need using custom Record Formats attached to the valve or hyrdrozone but the data entry is painful and tedious. One thought is, is there a way to get Record Formats to automatically read the associated data? There may be other workarounds I am not aware of.

Any thoughts or direction would be greatly appreciated.

6 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, DGMacNair said:

Simply multiplying the data base header cells does not work. 

This should work. How did you write the formula? Perhaps check the formats of the database column header cell is set to ‘number’ ( I think).