vexing roof component visibility problem

dtheory

Question

I seem to remember that this may have come up before, if so please point me in the direction of the previous post or solution.

I'm having an issue with the display of components not being consistently rendered.

A particular roof component periodically becomes "invisible" and renders in outline only.. see the attached files.

Seen in a design layer, the project renders correctly.. then when I create a sheet viewport.. some of the roof components display incorrectly as edges only.

Yes, all classes are turned on and unmodified in the viewport.

Yes I've reset my preferences, Yes, I'm using an unmodified workspace..  Any other suggestions would be appreciated.363119379_ScreenShot2020-06-15at4_44_43PM.thumb.png.93d5b1f1eefbe8e3680fc770bceae325.png1671293324_ScreenShot2020-06-15at4_44_54PM.thumb.png.458c906cd3d5681fc99f54a11b44eceb.png

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Hi,

I have the same issue that you've pointed out here. Does it also goes like this to the elevations? Mine go to the elevations and sometimes i have to block it with some shapes to just cover it.

Sometimes i just spend a few hours trying re render everything with openGL to see if it shows back up but while sometimes happens quite quickly most of the times doesn't.

I've attached mine, sometimes half of the roof component is shown and the other is wired, in this case was both sides. 

I have classes on, i have the components in the roof (textures by component; in the component the texture is selected and ticked in the "use at creation" option)

Roof getting Wired .jpg

On 6/29/2020 at 9:50 PM, dtheory said:

hi @FBernardo did SP4 resolve your issue?

Seems to be better here..

Hi @dtheory no it did not, although it's much better but i still have this issue, although if i try to open the roof style and just press ok, VW will assume you've done some changes (which i haven't) and will re-render the roof and apparently after a few tries everything goes back to normal, but this is something i cannot understand why is happening.

@vectorworks anyone has any idea how to fix this ?