Exporting Images & Marquee Precision

willofmaine

Question

It sure would be some swell if, when exporting images, the selection marque actually and accurately and consistently and the same each time exported what was selected, without grabbing extra pixels and without stretching and distorting each image ever so slightly and nonsensically differently with respect to adjacent images also using the same marquee points.

3 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

I have placed Loci at the top left and bottom right corners so I have points I can snap to to make sure the marquee is the same every time.

Yes, I've always done that.  I've got one image that I'm exporting as three separate images that need to re-align on a website.  While we're talking just a few mere pixels, it's enough to make the images visibly misaligned.  And the variations are entirely inconsistent, to boot.  So I need to go into Pixelmator, stretch this image a pixel or two that way, stretch that image a pixel or two the other way, etc., and then I need to deal with the tiny blank spaces that result.

4 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

Agreed. Similar issues here:

Well, at least it's not just me, I guess.  Five years.  *sigh*