Title Block Manager Questions

Hi

I am just learning how to use the title block manager for creating Revision & Issue reports.

I've been through the forum and the VW help however it seems there are still a few pitfalls for noobs like me with this tool. Can I get a check that my understanding of the mechanics of this tool is correct and be advised if this is also still the case for VW2020? (I am currently on VW2019 but considering upgrading at the moment). @Nikolay Zhelyazkov it would be particularly great to hear from you but please anyone chime in!

• To have revisions show on the Revision History reports the revised sheets have to have been included in an Issue. If no issues are made then no revisions will show in the revision history worksheet (Even if some revision have been made).
  • If recording issues is not required then it is possible to record revisions for each sheet as Issues instead and use the Issue history Reports for Revisions instead of the Revision History reports. (I.e. not use the sheet revision functionality at all).
  • Custom reports do not work from a Workgroup Library location. They need to be placed in a User Library.
  • Can you customise the revision log report to only show certain data? I don't need the notes, scale etc in this log.
  • Is it possible to produce history reports that cover multiple files or is each report restricted to the file containing the worksheet? I have a large project split over two files and would like to have 1 report. How do others deal with this. Worksheet referencing?
  • The reports list all the sheets in the file. How can I have it just show the ones I want? Unchecking "This Title Block is Active" for unwanted sheets doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks in advance. Any responses appreciated.

Boh

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Boh,

4 hours ago, Boh said:

To have revisions show on the Revision History reports the revised sheets have to have been included in an Issue. If no issues are made then no revisions will show in the revision history worksheet (Even if some revision have been made).

- Correct. You can create Sheet Revision Log report if you want a report with revision data only.

4 hours ago, Boh said:

If recording issues is not required then it is possible to record revisions for each sheet as Issues instead and use the Issue history Reports for Revisions instead of the Revision History reports. (I.e. not use the sheet revision functionality at all).

- Yes, but Issues are document wide and editing an issue from one TBB can affect the others too. Anyway, if it suits you best, you can use issues instead of revisions.

4 hours ago, Boh said:

Custom reports do not work from a Workgroup Library location. They need to be placed in a User Library.

- Could you give me more information on this one? Are you trying to create new report from the manager in an empty document and you want it imported from a workgroup? If so, I will have to test it to make sure. You can always import the worksheet in your active document that you want to be used and proceed from there with the TBManager and the worksheet from the active document should be used.

4 hours ago, Boh said:

Can you customise the revision log report to only show certain data? I don't need the notes, scale etc in this log.

- No, the data in the Sheet Revision Log is always the same. You can try creating your own worksheet with database row for revision data extracting it as you would extract any other record information, as from VW2020. Check http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FSetup%2FProject_revision_and_issue_history_worksheets.htm&rhsearch=revision&rhhlterm=revision&rhsyns=  for more information about the new revision data extracting, in the bottom of the page.

4 hours ago, Boh said:

Is it possible to produce history reports that cover multiple files or is each report restricted to the file containing the worksheet? I have a large project split over two files and would like to have 1 report. How do others deal with this. Worksheet referencing?

- Yes, this is possible from the TBManager. You must have all sheets that you want in the report in the manager selection, done from Select Sheets to Use. Then, when creating the report you have to check Create Pages/Multiple Worksheets, which will make the same worksheet report in all files from the selection.

4 hours ago, Boh said:

The reports list all the sheets in the file. How can I have it just show the ones I want? Unchecking "This Title Block is Active" for unwanted sheets doesn't seem to make any difference.

- Yes, using the same steps from above and selecting only the sheets you need.

Let me know if you need any further information or help.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Thanks @Nikolay Zhelyazkov.

Re the workgroup. I tried copying the default reports file in the program default library, customising the reports, and placing the file in the same folder hierarchy location in our Office workgroup library however it didn’t work on the file I had open.( I should try on a new file.) When I placed the customised Worksheet file in my user library it worked. I’ll check this again tomorrow.

Good to know I could just place the worksheets into our drawing templates so they can be used officewide if the workgroup option is a no go.

Re reporting on multiple files yes I have since figured out II need to use the multi page option. Is there a way to control the order of the sheets reported? The worksheet report on one file then the other rather than in the order of their sheet numbers. The project I’m currently on has two files that contain different floor plans and I want these plans listed together.

Has any of these items been improved upon in vw2020? I’m sitting on the fence as to wether or not it’s worth it..,

thanks again 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Boh,

Seems like the TBB reports could not be imported from workgroups. So for now, you can go with the templates. If you want to, you can fill in a wish for that.

As for the order in the reports, it should be the same as in the TBManager and grouped by files.

Finally, here are the main improvements of the TBB object for VW2020 - http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2020/eng/index.htm#t=VW2020_Guide%2FLandingPage%2FNew_features.htm&rhsearch=Title block border improvements&rhhlterm=Title block border improvements&rhsyns=

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov